Saturday, September 6, 2008

Not such a good deal

Remember when I got a good deal with a coupon from whitecastle.com? Today I wasn't so lucky. I had another coupon for a 59¢ chicken ring sandwich that said "limit 5." I took this to mean I could get up to 5 sandwiches at 59¢ apiece. The cashier couldn't figure out how to give me the discount and had to get a manager, who gave me the 59¢ on one sandwich only. I tried explaining again to the cashier that I wanted the five sandwiches, but she gave them to me at full price.

It seems to me that White Castle isn't really educating their staff in the promotional deals they offer online. I feel that these coupons are pretty much worthless unless their corporate office includes ringing instructions on the coupons so it's clear to both cashier and customer just what the deal is.

No comments: