Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sticking To Your Food Budget

I've been a little short on new recipes this week, because all the ones I've been testing just don't seem to be ready for publication. My other goal was not to go running to the grocery store until I finish everything I bought in my last trip. After a few days of trying to perfect my breakfast burritos and quesadillas, I was getting bored with my meal options. And, oddly enough, I was craving the one thing I hadn't bought last week: fresh fruit.

So yesterday I made a quick trip to Whole Foods with my $5 off coupon and picked up fresh fruit and fresh veggies. It was a gloomy day, and I was drawn to the ones with bright colors, like strawberries, pomegranates, red and green peppers, and zucchini. In a way, it makes sense that I was craving those foods, since they do provide some of the vitamin and nutrients I may have been missing. Plus, after the coupon, I only spent about $24, so it didn't hurt my budget too much. I could have done worse, like ordering take-out when I had resolved not to.

No comments: