Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tip: Where You Can Cut Back To Save Money

Before trying to figure out how to save some extra money, I was stopping at McDonald's for breakfast every morning. Why? It started out when I started thinking of breakfast as a treat for getting out of the house on time. Over time, "rewarding" myself started to add up. $4.30 per day, estimating that I was going there at least 4 days a week, added up to an estimated $69 a month. It probably got worse when I started "rewarding" myself for not sleeping in on my days off.

I finally managed to break the habit by going out and buying a package of Egg Beaters and a pack of tortillas (both on sale) to make my own breakfast burritos. Now that extra money is staying in my bank account, where I can invest it towards something else.

No comments: